Is It Considered BDSM?

Confessions, Honest Talk, Head Trips

Is It Considered BDSM?

Postby Robin » Sun Sep 25, 2016 5:43 pm

What exactly is considered BDSM? If we tie each other up and/or blindfold each other for example, does it cross the line to that or is it still just spiced up sex?
Robin

Re: Is It Considered BDSM?

Postby Ieasha » Mon Sep 26, 2016 1:08 pm

I think that might just be spiced up sex. I only consider sex to be BDSM when one person has complete control in the experience and the other person is just there for the pleasure part of it. Now if one of you is tied up and/or blindfolded and the other person can do whatever they want without the person interrupting them, then I feel that is BDSM.
Ieasha

Postby Denise » Mon Sep 26, 2016 6:02 pm

I am not very sure actually. Doesn't BDSM involve pain too? I really have no idea about this kind of kink. I do like being blindfolded every now and then though :)
Denise

Postby Sweetness » Tue Sep 27, 2016 2:24 pm

I have no experience with BDSM, but I think it would involve some sort of pain. I think where spiced up sex and BDSM differ is that with BDSM one partner has total control and inflicts pain on the other that is also weirdly considered pleasurable too. If you are not experiencing pain while being tied up and blindfolded, that would most likely just be fun, spiced up sex.
Sweetness

Postby deleted_user » Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:23 am

No experience but had done research on line. As I understand there is a Dominate and a Submissive partner. There are safe words, yellow and red that either can use to slow or stop the encounter. Pain maybe included/involved but some for of punishment from the D to the S for not following orders. In any encounter/fantasy, it's fairly well defines, not so much scripted but each person knows what will be involved.

My only close experience was my gf at the time explained this to me but said that newbies/vanilla's aren't liked that much because they always stop the party with the safe words because no discussion can explin the reality of even an extra light, light BDSM date.

I've heard that 50 Shades is considered a terrible representation of the community/

So, where am I wrong, off base or only partially correct? I don't want to use it in a story and be wrong yet have no interest, at my age, of active research.
deleted_user

Postby sanctuary » Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:14 pm

My only knowledge of real BDSM is what I saw in the original CSI with Lady Heather. Consider what BDSM literally says: Bondage, Discipline, Sado Masochism. I would think the BD doesn't have to be painful, but SM probably is. My wife and I when we were younger loved to blindfold one another and tie each other to the bed, but the worst SM included a feather, not a whip. I'm inot BD, not SM. JMHO.
sanctuary

Return to Let's Talk Sex