It's all on the page

Published stories; Favorite authors?

It's all on the page

Postby Tristan LeMay » Tue May 28, 2019 2:06 pm

Depending on the medium, it might be more or less important to write what we call in the theater 'stage direction'. In movies or TV scripts, those types of note are usually called 'Action' or 'General'. It's words and lines that the actors won't say on screen or on stage but that will help the reader of the script or the director or actor understand the writer's intention.

In writing novels, short stories or any type of fiction that is made only to be 'read' - as opposed to acted out - it is generally recommended to make the narration and descriptions as compelling as any dialogue. Of course, in any type of writing, it is also recommended to stay away from clichés, over-done banalities or commonplace (often completely unrealistic) shortcuts.

If you are a fan of movies and TV and have explored all types of genres - whether it be as an audience member OR a writer/creator/actor/artist of any kind - I'm pretty sure you'll get a kick out of these very ironic statements. Maybe you'll even be able to write a few titles of movies or TV series titles that might apply, next to some of these statements!

Anyway, I hope you have as much fun with them as I did.

Tristan LeMay, author xx
funnystuff112.jpg
funnystuff112.jpg (144.08 KiB) Viewed 129 times
Tristan LeMay

Re: It's all on the page

Postby Casablanca » Tue May 28, 2019 6:08 pm

Haha, thanks for the laugh! :D Wish the last one were true ;)
Casablanca

Re: It's all on the page

Postby Tristan LeMay » Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:36 pm

This might give you a laugh, too... and it's about writing also. :)

funnystuff131.jpg
funnystuff131.jpg (29.23 KiB) Viewed 48 times
Tristan LeMay

Return to Art of Writing